Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

Well, I'm already pissed off this morning and it's only 8:25. I was trying to make a measly 15 copies of something and the damn copier kept giving me problems. On top of that, I'm tired as hell. I can't wait for Friday to get here - no work, woo hoo!!!!

Yesterday, I learned that my friend's 14 year old son has already had sex . . . twice. Tyler is 14 and I don't even want to think about the first time he has sex. I'm not even sure how a parent is supposed to deal with that. Hopefully, it will be a LONG time before I have to.

People just kill me. Our new employees have to take a physical and when it's time, they get a letter with their appointment date. Included w/this letter is the physical form that they and the doctor have to fill out. You would not believe how many come to my office saying they've lost the damn form. REALLY?! Do they think I mail it out for the hell of it?

I'm pretty sure today is going to be a very long day for me.

The air conditioning in my office isn't working very well at all, so to keep me from calling and complaining about how hot I am everyday, our HVAC guy brought this huge ass fan to me. So, everyday around noon, I roll it into the hall and turn it on so that it will blow some of the cool air from the hallway into my office. It sounds like airplanes are zooming around in our hallway, lol. It's huge and it's EXTREMELY loud, but it gets the job done, thank goodness. However, I will be glad when they figure out what's going on with the AC.

My nephew Grayson was cranky over the weekend; more so than usual, according to my sister. She took him to the doctor yesterday and poor baby has the beginnings of an ear infection, so they gave him some antibiotics. Hopefully, he feels better pretty soon.

I'm going to try to get in a better mood for the rest of the day, so wish me luck.

Get the button for yourself and have some fun doing your own Random Tuesday post.

9 comments:

  1. so really this was just gripe a lot tuesday?

    I understand the mood thing. I'm not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry you are having such a bad day!
    It COULD be worse.....YOU COULD BE LIVING WITH THE CRAZY NANA too!!
    And OMG! The 14 year old!NO WAY!! Dylan is 15 and i do not even want TO THINK ABOUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just give in to the bad mood. It's okay to be crabby, ya know? It helps sometimes, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think from now on you should just put in the letter that they should come and get the form from you. Of course then they will be like, "what form?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mood always improves with a glass o' vino.

    and i shudder to think of my kids becoming sexually active. that would be one of the thoughts that i push to the back of my mind.

    icky.

    also...the air conditioning at the jail, where i work, is on FULL BLAST. Holy nipples, batman.

    andy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just sickened at the age with which kids feel the need to get physical. I've also heard that oral is as common as a goodnight kiss. That makes me want to throw up. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put a hot plate over the thermostat. A mini hot plate for warming candles!!! This will definitely cool off your building. Enjoy.

    I hang my hotplate off a nail in the wall over the thermostat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 14???
    FOURTEEN!!!!!!
    My son is sixteen and I'm fairly confident he's still clean and pure for the most part. :)

    I used to work in an office where I would wear my ski coat all day at my desk for about 5 months of the year. It was colder inside our office than outside our building. Then for about 3 months, I would sit and sweat buckets and be miserable for 5 of the 8 hours. I brought in a little desk fan which helped a little - if I held it about two feet from me. No good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kimberly,

    I love the title of your blog! I was wondering if you were interested in some back-to-school info since you're a mom and probably have readers who are moms to! If so, just shoot me an email:

    catherine@americanpopdigital.com

    Take care and keep on bloggin'! :]

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete