Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Fun

As I mentioned in a previous post, Melany's hubby decided he wanted to start boxing again, so Saturday, October 3 (yes, I realize I am way behind w/my posting) there was a boxing event that included approximately 18 amateur fights and one pro fight (her hubby and a fellow about 12 years younger than him). The weight divisions ranged anywhere from 75 pounds to super heavy weight. It was a lot of fun watching all the different matches. But the real excitement started when B.J. "Creek Warrior" Waggnor walked into the ring. During his prime, he fought in over 600 matches and only lost 19 of them. I was especially excited as this was my first time getting to see him fight; he had already retired by the time I met him and Mel. Unfortunately, it might be the last time I get to see it as well; he broke his hand in the 2nd round, but you wouldn't have known it, because it never slowed him down. The fight lasts 4 rounds; he finished it with two injuries (his left elbow was already hurt because he hyperextended it the week before) and was awesome. Since the pro fight was an exhibition fight, there wasn't an actual winner announced, but it was obvious that B.J. won. It was awesome!

After the fights, we went to the bar; B.J., Mel, me, Ang, Ashleigh, Sandy, and Paula. We had a blast! Keep in mind that Mel and I don't drink very often at all, so we were all quite a sight, lol. During the night, we had a scary looking Mexican cholo try to pick up Ashleigh and Angela. Thank goodness, they weren't drunk enough for that. I also asked Sandy if she was ever a stripper because she definitely had some moves going on out on the dance floor; but, no, apparently her sister is the only stripper in that family. By the end of the night, all of us girls were pretty much drunk. Angela was basically just tipsy, because she drinks more often than we do, so she can hold her liquor better, lol. I do have to say B.J. is the man; he alone, stone cold sober, had to deal with six drunk women. I'm not sure just any man could've handled all of us, lol.

Sunday, of course, I felt like crap since I'm not used to that and I only got about four hours of sleep, but I had to suck it up because Tyler and I had to get up and go to Tulsa. We met my sis, Chris, and Grayson and went to the Disney on Ice show. It was so cute and G liked the lights and parts of the show really well. After that, we ate lunch and then Tyler and I took G around and looked at some of the fair exhibits, while Brandy went back to work and Chris went to a group meeting. When Chris got back, Tyler and I headed home so that I could get some sleep, which I badly needed.

Chad Johnson & B.J. "Creek Warrior" Waggnor (you can't see it very well in this pic, but Johnson's left eye is jacked up; that's how B.J. broke his right hand)









Mel, me & Ang before the fight









After the fight











Girlies

1 comment: