Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life's A Bitch . . .

And then there are those you work with. I'm just going to put it out there . . . I HATE working with an office full of women. You have those who come in and try to take over everything and/or change everything. You have those who think the thing to do is run to the boss and tattle about EVERYTHING. You have those who think their main objective in life is to be up in everyone else's business.

Apparently, seniority means nothing in our office anymore, either. Anything they say goes, it doesn't matter what the rest of us say. And the boss believes everything they say, no questions asked. What's wrong with that picture?

REALLY?! I don't get it. I worked with all men for nearly 12 years in an oilfield service. The worst thing about them was their dirty jokes and believe me, growing up in that environment and then working in it, that doesn't even bother you. There are no petty jealousies, no backstabbing, no bitchiness (well, not much anyway). Working with women is entirely different. Some days, they are worse than children. Anyone who's been there, knows it's true.

To be fair, there are two men in my office (although one is the boss), but they are far outnumbered by the six women. And it only takes one or two to cause tons of tension in the office. To them, the nicest thing I can say right now is "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Oh no you didn't. you're gonna get in SO much trouble when "those girls" see this. But i can totally relate on the girl thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you are talking about! I work in an office full of women and LOVE them all! Would lay down my LIFE for them!!! :) (wink wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, ha ha. Too true, too true. I work with 45 of em.

    ReplyDelete